- Train greens mowers to move cups and set tee markers
- Train mechanic or mechanics’ assistant to mow fairways and rough
- Allow set-up staff to combine as many jobs as practical
- Late day shifts
- Morning only shifts
- Weekdays off to compensate for weekend shifts
- Use less busy daylight hours for rough mowing
- Utilize more part-time workers
- Start players off back nine during slow weekdays to keep rough mowers moving with player delays
- Have employees take morning break in field without traveling back to maintenance shop
- Plan work schedules at least one week in advance and post for all employees to review
- Hire enough people and train to eliminate all overtime
Monitor clock in/clock out times.
At the end of each day, make sure that all employees have punched in and punched out exactly according to the schedule. Early and late punches can add-up significantly over the course of a season. Your states labor laws may force to pay for the closest quarter of an hour.