1. American spends $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart every hour of every day.
2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private Employer.
6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the World.
7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined; and keep in mind they did this in only 15 years.
8. During this same period, 31 supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.
9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 Years ago.
11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at a Wal-Mart store. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)
12. 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart.
To: The president and all 535 voting members of the Legislature.
1. The U.S. Post Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.
2. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.
3. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.
4. War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and for the most part they only want more.
5. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.
6. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.
7. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.
8. AMTRAK, taken over in 1970 by the U.S. Federal Government has lost money each year since 1970, 30.8 million in the first quarter of 2010. You have had 39 years to get AMTRAK self-sustaining as promised and guess what, it’s also broke.
Remember, deficit spending is a form of taxation without representation, because it increases the tax burden of generations who cannot yet vote (often because they are as yet unborn).
AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM?